Wireless accelerometers can be used in a host of applications where knowing impact, vibration, inclination, etc. is required.
The wireless accelerometer - Impact Detection sensor activates when g-forces are exceeded by a user defined threshold – up to 8 g-force. The user can key in the desired threshold for the g-force trigger. This sensor has two operation modes that can be also selected by the user: High Performance and Low Power. High Performance has an output data rate of 800 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 16 Hz while the Low Power has an output data rate of 12.5 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 0.25 Hz. Users have the ability to set thresholds for alerts and to send alerts via SMS text and/or emails. Sensor conditions and readings are transmitted and displayed to a web and mobile accessible Dashboard via Cellular or Ethernet Gateways.
Suggested Applications & Use Cases
- Inclination and vibration testing
- Assembly line monitoring
- Orientation sensing
- Smart machines, smart structures and smart materials
- Impact load sensing
- Detects Impact (G-Force Threshold)
- Superior Range: Offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Advanced power management provides 10+ years
- Secure Wireless Communications: Encrypt-RF® Security for all sensor data messages, maintaining security at all communication points.
- Data storage: Integrated on-board data storage allows sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range).
- Over-the-air updates allow products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
- Coin Cell Battery
- AA Battery
- Industrial 3.6 V Battery
|Operating Frequency||900 MHz Operating Frequency|
|Certifications||Complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. (FCC ID: ZTL-G2SC1)
Complies with Industry Canada standards. (IC: 9794A-G2SC1)
|Device Range||Device Range Up to 1,200 ft. non-line-of-sight, wireless device range*|
|Security||Encrypt-RF® (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange + AES-128 CBC)|
|Data Storage||Integrated on-board data storage allows up to 512 messages (10 min heartbeats = 3.5 days / 2 hour heartbeats = 42 days)|
|Battery Life||Coin cell sensors typically last 3+ years | AA and Industrial sensors typically last up to 12+ years|
|Sensitivity Range||+/-2 G, +/-4 G, +/-8 G|
|Measurement Accuracy||±2.5 % (Force: X, Y, Z)|
|Minimum G Force to Turn On/Wake Up||0.050 g - 0.100 g|
|Bandwidth for Data Measurement||800 Hz|
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables.
For a complete list of technical information and available variants, download product datasheet.