ALTA Wireless Impact Detection Sensor
ALTA wireless accelerometers can be used in a host of applications where knowing impact, vibration, inclination, etc. is required.
The wireless accelerometer - Impact Detection sensor activates when g-forces are exceeded by a user defined threshold – up to 8 g-force. The user can key in the desired threshold for the g-force trigger. This sensor has two operation modes that can be also selected by the user: High Performance and Low Power. High Performance has an output data rate of 800 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 16 Hz while the Low Power has an output data rate of 12.5 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 0.25 Hz. Users have the ability to set thresholds for alerts and to send alerts via SMS text and/or emails. Sensor conditions and readings are transmitted and displayed to a web and mobile accessible Dashboard via Cellular or Ethernet Gateways.
- Detects Impact (G-Force Threshold)
- Superior Range: ALTA sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Power management provides ALTA sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit’s standard wireless sensors.
- Coin cell sensors typically last 3+ years.
- AA and Industrial sensors typically last up to 12+ years.
- Secure Wireless Communications: ALTA products employ Monnit's new Encrypt-RF® Security (256-bit Diffie Hellman key exchange and AES-128 CBC encryption for all sensor data messages), so security is maintained at all communication points from sensor to gateway, gateway to software, then back again.
- Data backup: Integrated on-board data storage allows ALTA sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range). Messages that can’t be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
- Over-the-air updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables.
Power Options: Coin Cell Battery | AA Battery | Industrial 3.6 V Battery
Suggested Applications & Use Cases
- Inclination and vibration testing
- Assembly line monitoring
- Orientation sensing
- Smart machines, smart structures and smart materials
- Impact load sensing
ALTA 900 MHz Specifications
|Operating Frequency||900 MHz Operating Frequency|
|Certifications||Complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. (FCC ID: ZTL-G2SC1)
Complies with Industry Canada standards. (IC: 9794A-G2SC1)
|Device Range||Device Range Up to 1,200 ft. non-line-of-sight, wireless device range*|
|Security||Encrypt-RF® (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange + AES-128 CBC)|
|Sensitivity Range||+/-2 G, +/-4 G, +/-8 G|
|Measurement Accuracy||±2.5 % (Force: X, Y, Z)|
|Minimum G Force to Turn On/Wake Up||0.050 g - 0.100 g|
|Bandwidth for Data Measurement||800 Hz|
For a complete list of technical information and available variants, download product datasheet.
Documentation & Other Information