ALTA Wireless Open/Close Sensor
ALTA wireless open/closed sensors provide information on the status of doors, windows, cabinets, etc. Know if a building or area is being accessed when it should not be, or if a door or window has been left open. Alerts can be setup to notify a user by SMS text and/or email if a door or window has been opened or left open. Sensor conditions and readings are transmitted and displayed to a web and mobile accessible Dashboard via Cellular or Ethernet Gateways.
- Sense immediate door or window access.
- Sense if a door, window, drawer is opened or has been left open
- Monitor access to specific areas of buildings.
- Superior Range: ALTA sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Power management provides ALTA sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit’s standard wireless sensors.
- Coin cell sensors typically last 3+ years.
- AA and Industrial sensors typically last up to 12+ years.
- Secure Wireless Communications: ALTA products employ Monnit's new Encrypt-RF® Security (256-bit Diffie Hellman key exchange and AES-128 CBC encryption for all sensor data messages), so security is maintained at all communication points from sensor to gateway, gateway to software, then back again.
- Data backup: Integrated on-board data storage allows ALTA sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range). Messages that can’t be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
- Over-the-air updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables.
Power Options: Coin Cell Battery | AA Battery | Industrial 3.6 V Battery
Suggested Applications & Use Cases
- Commercial property door and window access
- Residential property door and window access
- Bank owned foreclosure properties access monitoring
- Restricted area monitoring
- IT server rooms and closets
- Freezer and cooler doors
- Shipping cargo bay door monitoring
- Garage door monitoring
ALTA 900 MHz Specifications
|Operating Frequency||900 MHz Operating Frequency|
|Certifications||Complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. (FCC ID: ZTL-G2SC1)
Complies with Industry Canada standards. (IC: 9794A-G2SC1)
|Device Range||Device Range Up to 1,200 ft. non-line-of-sight, wireless device range*|
|Security||Encrypt-RF® (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange + AES-128 CBC)|
Magnetic Sensor Specifications
|Contact Rating||SPST, gold under -plating with Deactivated Rhodium outer-plating|
|Switch Cycles||50 million|
|Operation Gap||Up to 3/4 inch|
|Wire Leads||22 gauge / 13.5 in length (± 1.5 in)|
|Magnet Case Construction||Weatherproof, high-impact ABS plastic with self-adhesive backing|
|Magnet Temperature Range||-15°F to 160°F (-25°C to 70°C)|
For a complete list of technical information and available variants, download product datasheet.
Documentation & Other Information