ALTA Wireless Temperature Sensors
ALTA wireless temperature sensors use a thermistor to accurately measure and monitor ambient temperatures around the sensors physical location. Users have the ability to set the frequency of readings, set thresholds for alerts and to send alerts via SMS text and/or emails. Sensor conditions and readings are transmitted and displayed to a web and mobile accessible Dashboard via Cellular or Ethernet Gateways.
NIST certified product is available on leaded temperature sensors.
- Superior Range: ALTA sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Power management provides ALTA sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit’s standard wireless sensors.
- Coin cell sensors typically last 3+ years.
- AA and Industrial sensors typically last up to 12+ years.
- Secure Wireless Communications: ALTA products employ Monnit's new Encrypt-RF® Security (256-bit Diffie Hellman key exchange and AES-128 CBC encryption for all sensor data messages), so security is maintained at all communication points from sensor to gateway, gateway to software, then back again.
- Data backup: Integrated on-board data storage allows ALTA sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range). Messages that can’t be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
- Over-the-air updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
- Accurate to +/- 1°C (1.8°F).
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables.
Power Options: Coin Cell Battery | AA Battery | Industrial 3.6 V Battery
Probes: No Probe (Default) | 3ft Probe | 10 ft Probe | 25 ft Probe
Probe Types: Standard (Default) | NIST Certified | High Temp | Low Temp
Suggested Applications & Use Cases
- Warehouse temperature monitoring to avoid frozen fire suppression systems
- Monitor vacant commercial property temperatures to avoid frozen pipes
- Summer/winter (vacation) property monitoring for frozen pipes or excessive heat
- HVAC system monitoring to detect failures or heating / cooling issues
- Monitor temperature of K9 units (dog collar's and kennel)
- Art gallery temperature monitoring
- Heat remediation of bed bugs (extermination)
- Freezer and cooler temperature monitoring to detect failure and prevent food spoilage
- Server room temperature monitoring
- Cadaver storage cooler temperature monitoring
- Greenhouse temperature monitoring
ALTA 900 MHz Specifications
|Operating Frequency||900 MHz Operating Frequency|
|Certifications||Complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. (FCC ID: ZTL-G2SC1)
Complies with Industry Canada standards. (IC: 9794A-G2SC1)
|Device Range||Device Range Up to 1,200 ft. non-line-of-sight, wireless device range*|
|Security||Encrypt-RF® (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange + AES-128 CBC)|
|Accuracy @ 25°C||+/- 1% (1° C or 1.8° F)|
|User Calibrated Accuracy||+/- 0.25° C (± 0.45° F)|
|Time Constant @ 25°C||15 sec max|
|Weight||3.6 oz. (3.7 oz w/ 3’ probe)|
|Probe Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to +125°C ( -40°F to +257°F )|
For a complete list of technical information and available variants, download product datasheet.