ALTA Wireless Thermocouple Sensor
The ALTA Wireless Thermocouple Sensor is available with a hardwired thermocouple or K-type connector to support various thermocouple types and ranges. The hardwired thermocouple option measures temperatures up to 400°C (752°F). The K-type connector with Probe includes a needle probe that measures temperatures up to 400°C (752°F). Users have the ability to set the frequency of readings, set thresholds for alerts and to send alerts via SMS text and/or emails. Sensor conditions and readings are transmitted and displayed to a web and mobile accessible Dashboard via Cellular or Ethernet Gateways.
- Superior Range: ALTA sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Power management provides ALTA sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit’s standard wireless sensors.
- Coin cell sensors typically last 3+ years.
- AA and Industrial sensors typically last up to 12+ years.
- Secure Wireless Communications: ALTA products employ Monnit's new Encrypt-RF® Security (256-bit Diffie Hellman key exchange and AES-128 CBC encryption for all sensor data messages), so security is maintained at all communication points from sensor to gateway, gateway to software, then back again.
- Data backup: Integrated on-board data storage allows ALTA sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range). Messages that can’t be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
- Over-the-air updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables.
Power Options: Coin Cell Battery | AA Battery | Industrial 3.6 V Battery
Probe Type: K-Type Quick Connect with Probe | K-Type Quick Connect without Probe
Suggested Applications & Use Cases
- Ovens and cooking device monitoring
- Food Temperature Monitoring
- Chimney and Flu Temperature Monitoring
ALTA 900 MHz Specifications
|Operating Frequency||900 MHz Operating Frequency|
|Certifications||Complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. (FCC ID: ZTL-G2SC1)
Complies with Industry Canada standards. (IC: 9794A-G2SC1)
|Device Range||Device Range Up to 1,200 ft. non-line-of-sight, wireless device range*|
|Security||Encrypt-RF® (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange + AES-128 CBC)|
|Thermocouple Connection Options||6 ft hardwired probe / 5 ft K-type connector|
|K-Type Fixed Probe - Accuracy above 0°C||+/- 2.2°C or 0.75% (whichever is greater)|
|K-Type Fixed Probe - Accuracy below 0°C||+/- 2.2°C or 2.0% (whichever is greater)|
|K-Type Fixed Probe - Temperature Range||-100°C to +400°C ( -148°F to +752°F )|
For a complete list of technical information and available variants, download product datasheet.