ALTA Wireless Vibration Sensor
Monnit Vibration Meters use an accelerometer to measure g-force on 3 axes and then determines speed and frequency from this measurement. The sensor measures vibration once every Measurement Interval, which can be set as low as 1 minute and as high the Heartbeat Interval. The sensor is designed to measure continuous vibration and be low powered so it captures vibration for less than a second during its Measurement Interval. The sensor uses a Sensitivity Threshold to filter noise or low level vibrations. If this threshold is set to 0 then any vibration captured during the Measurement Interval will contribute to the duty cycle and will be analyzed, even very low level vibrations. The Vibration Meter will also report the duty cycle, or how long the sensor was measuring vibrations throughout the heartbeat. Users have the ability to set thresholds for alerts and to send alerts via SMS text and/or emails. Sensor conditions and readings are transmitted and displayed to a web and mobile accessible Dashboard via Cellular or Ethernet Gateways.
- Reports data as speed (mm/s) and frequency (Hz) on all three axes, and how long the sensor was measuring during the interval.
- Adjustable measurement methods: Peak acceleration RMS, peak velocity RMS, and true RMS.
- Superior Range: ALTA sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Power management provides ALTA sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit’s standard wireless sensors.
- Coin cell sensors typically last 3+ years.
- AA and Industrial sensors typically last up to 12+ years.
- Secure Wireless Communications: ALTA products employ Monnit's new Encrypt-RF® Security (256-bit Diffie Hellman key exchange and AES-128 CBC encryption for all sensor data messages), so security is maintained at all communication points from sensor to gateway, gateway to software, then back again.
- Data backup: Integrated on-board data storage allows ALTA sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range). Messages that can’t be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
- Over-the-air updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables.
Power Options: AA Battery | Industrial 3.6 V Battery
Suggested Applications & Use Cases
- Inclination and vibration testing
- Assembly line monitoring
- Orientation sensing
- Smart machines, smart structures and smart materials
- Impact load sensing
ALTA 900 MHz Specifications
|Operating Frequency||900 MHz Operating Frequency|
|Certifications||Complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. (FCC ID: ZTL-G2SC1)
Complies with Industry Canada standards. (IC: 9794A-G2SC1)
|Device Range||Device Range Up to 1,200 ft. non-line-of-sight, wireless device range*|
|Security||Encrypt-RF® (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange + AES-128 CBC)|
|Speed Measurement Range||0 to 25.5 mm/s|
|Speed Measurement Resolution||0.1 mm/s|
|Frequency Measurement Range||0 to 256 Hz|
|Frequency Measurement Resolution||1.5625 Hz rounded down to nearest 1 Hz|
|Vibration Intensity Threshold Range||0 to 1.701 g|
|Vibration Intensity Threshold Resolution||0.063 g|
For a complete list of technical information and available variants, download product datasheet.
Documentation & Other Information