Impact Detection Sensor
The Wireless Accelerometer - Impact Detect Sensor is a digital, low power, low profile, capacitive sensor that is able to measure acceleration on three axes to detect impact over a set g-force threshold. The Wireless Accelerometer - Impact Detect Sensor activates when g-forces are exceeded by a user defined threshold – up to 8 g-force. The user can key in the desired threshold for the g-force trigger. This sensor has two operation modes that can be also selected by the user: High Performance and Low Power. High Performance has an output data rate of 800 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 16 Hz while the Low Power has an output data rate of 12.5 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 0.25 Hz. The data is displayed as “Force Detected” or “No Force Detected”.
SUGGESTED APPLICATIONS & USE CASES
- Impact Detection
- Impact Load Sensing
- and more
- Superior Range: Offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Advanced power management provides 10+ years
- Over-the-air updates allow products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
- Secure Wireless Communications: Encrypt-RF® Security for all sensor data messages, maintaining security at all communication points.
- Data storage: Integrated on-board data storage allows sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range).
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
- Coin Cell Battery
- AA Battery
Wireless Impact Detection Sensor Specification
|Supply Voltage||2.0 - 3.8 VDC (3.0 - 3.8 VDC Using Power Supply) *|
|Current Consumption||0.2 µA (Sleep Mode)|
0.7 µA (RTC Sleep) 570 µA (MCU Idle)
2.5 mA (MCU Active)
5.5 mA (Radio RX Mode)
22.6 mA (Radio TX Mode)
|Operating Temperature Range (Board Circuitry and Batteries)||-18°C to 55°C (0°F to 130°F) using alkaline|
-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F) using lithium **
|Optimal Battery Temperature Range (AA)||+10°C to +50°C (+50°F to +122°F)|
|Sensitivity Range Selections||+/-2 G, +/-4 G, +/-8 G|
|Measurement Accuracy||±2.5 % (Force: X, Y, Z)|
|Minimum G Force to Turn On/Wake Up||0.050 g - 0.100 g|
|Fastest Update Interval/Heart Rate in Any Configuration||Heartbeat: 1 Minute|
|Integrated Memory||Up to 512 sensor messages|
|Wireless Range||1,000+ ft. non-line-of-sight|
|Security||Encrypt-RF™ (256-bit key exchange and AES-128 CTR)|
FCC, CE, Industry Canada
|900 MHz product; FCC ID: ZTL- G2SC1 and IC: 9794A-G2SC1. 868 and 433 MHz product tested and found to comply with: EN 300 220-2 V3.1.1 (2017-02), EN 300 220-2 V3.1.1 (2017-02) and EN 60950.|