Wireless Temperature Sensor with Probe
Wireless temperature sensors use a thermistor to accurately measure and monitor ambient temperatures around the sensors physical location. Users have the ability to set the frequency of readings, set thresholds for alerts and to send alerts via SMS text and/or emails. Sensor conditions and readings are transmitted and displayed to a web and mobile accessible Dashboard via Cellular or Ethernet Gateways.
NIST certified product is available on leaded temperature sensors.
Suggested Applications & Use Cases
- Freezer and cooler temperature monitoring to detect failure and prevent food spoilage
- Greenhouse temperature monitoring
- Warehouse temperature monitoring to avoid frozen fire suppression systems
- Server room temperature monitoring
- Art gallery temperature monitoring
- Monitor vacant commercial property temperatures to avoid frozen pipes
- HVAC system monitoring to detect failures or heating / cooling issues
- Monitor temperature of K9 units (dog collar's and kennel)
- Heat remediation of bed bugs (extermination)
- Superior Range: Offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical).
- Long Battery Life: Advanced power management provides 10+ years
- Secure Wireless Communications: Encrypt-RF® Security for all sensor data messages, maintaining security at all communication points.
- Data storage: Integrated on-board data storage allows sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range).
- Over-the-air updates allow products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
- Coin Cell Battery
- AA Battery
- No Probe (Default)
- 3ft Probe
- 10 ft Probe
- 25 ft Probe
- NIST Certified
- High Temp
- Low Temp
2.0 - 3.8 VDC (3.0 - 3.8 VDC Using Power Supply) *
Current Consumption 0.2 µA (Sleep Mode)
0.7 µA (RTC Sleep) 570 µA (MCU Idle)
2.5 mA (MCU Active)
5.5 mA (Radio RX Mode)
22.6 mA (Radio TX Mode)
Operating Temperature Range (Board Circuitry and Coin Cell)
-18°C to 55°C (0°F to 130°F) using alkaline
-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F) using lithium **
Optimal Battery Temperature Range (Coin Cell)
- +10°C to +50°C (+50°F to +122°F)
Thermistor Temperature Range (Thermistor Only)
- -40°C to +125°C (-40°F to +257°F) (Limited to Main Unit Circuitry, -7°C to +60°C unless thermistor leads are being used.)
Accuracy @ 25°C
- +/- 1% (1°C or 1.8°F)
User Calibrated Accuracy
- +/- 0.25°C (± 0.45°F)
Time Constant @ 25°C
- 15 sec max
- Up to 512 sensor messages
- 1,000+ ft. non-line-of-sight
- Encrypt-RF™ (256-bit key exchange and AES-128 CTR)
- 4.375 x 2.47 x 1.11”
- 3.7 Ounces
- 2 replaceable 1.5 V AA sized batteries (included with purchase)
- line power option available (3.0 - 3.6 V power supply) The line powered with back up battery
- FCC, CE, Industry Canada 900 MHz product; FCC ID: ZTL- G2SC1 and
- IC: 9794A-G2SC1. 868 and 433 MHz product tested and found to comply with: EN 300 220-2 V3.1.1 (2017-02), EN 300 220-2 V3.1.1 (2017-02) and EN 60950.
Temp Probe Specifications
Thermistor Probe (Standard)
- Accuracy @ 25°C: +/- 1% (1° C or 1.8° F)
- User Calibrated Accuracy: +/- 0.25° C (± 0.45° F)
- Time Constant @ 25°C: 15 sec max
- Weight: 3.6 oz. (3.7 oz w/ 3’ probe)
- Probe Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +125°C ( -40°F to +257°F )
High Temp Probe
- Lead Wire Length: 3 ft. (36 in.)
- RTD Temperature Range: -50°C to +370°C (-58°F to +700°F)
- RTD Accuracy at 0°C: +/- 3.3°C Standard (+/- 0.5°C Calibrated **)
- Thermal Time Constant: 15 sec. max.
Low Temp Probe
- Sensing Element: DIN 43760 Class B
- Thermal Time Constant: 15 sec max
- RTD Temperature Range: -200°C to +162°C (-328°F to +325°F)
- RTD Accuracy at 0°C: +/- 3.3°C Standard (+/- 0.5°C Calibrated)
- Weight: 3.7 oz